Although summer isn’t officially here until June 20th, Memorial Day weekend has always kicked off summer in my book. It seems like just a few weeks ago it was Christmas and just a short time before that I was still living and teaching high school in Texas. At 26, it amazes me how quickly time passes. Sometimes I wish it would slow down so that I could enjoy the moments more, but then again when i was younger, I always wished that I would grow up, so here I am. Afterall, you can’t have everything and we all eventually grow up!
With the onset of summer, I’m bringing out my summer reading list. A few of the books on my list are quite hefty reads, so I’m hoping that I’m not being too ambitious. My list contains everything from classics to biographies to NY Times best sellers, so here goes.
- Wicked: The life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
- Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- If I stay by Gayle Forman
- A grown up kind of pretty by Joshilyn Jackson
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
If I have extra time, then I’ll also try to read The Harry Potter Series, Books 1-7. If not, then that series will start off my fall reading!
Let the reading begin!