A few months ago I bought a new cookie sheet – a Martha Stewart cookie sheet to be exact. With that cookie sheet came a recipe for the softest chocolate chip cookies I have ever made in my life. I am by no means obsessed with Martha Stewart, but this recipe is just that amazing. This cookie sheet was the first Martha Stewart housewear item I have ever bought, but based on this recipe alone, I’m impressed by Martha. The cookies stayed soft, even after they were cool and even days later. This has yet to happen with any other cookie receipe I’ve tried. If you’re like me, then you hate it when you spend all your time mixing, measuring and spooning cookie dough just to have hard cookies. After all, it’s those melt in your mouth ones that are the best! I’ve made this recipe numerous times (including two nights ago) and everyone loves them! Try it out and trust me, you’ll be glad you did.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies [makes about 3 dozen]
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup [2 sticks] unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar [I use dark brown sugar instead]
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups [about 12 ounces] chocolate chips [Hershey’s makes mini milk chocolate kisses for baking and that’s what I use.]
[All the ingredients you’ll need and definitely use the mini kisses in lieu of normal chocolate chips]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium until light and fluffy. [I just mix it by hand with a large spoon.] Add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. [I remove them from the baking sheet immediately.] Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
[Cookies straight out of the oven on my Martha Stewart cookie sheet]
[Cookies! Golden brown and cooked to perfection.]
After baking these, it’s hard to resist eating them right away. Even though the recipe states it yields 3 dozen cookies, I normally get at least 4 dozen out of a full batch. Also, I’ve used light brown sugar, but the dark brown sugar just gives the cookie dough a richer taste. These cookies will change your world.